Pages

July 30, 2010

But Dude...It's FREE!

Let's get something straight...Trial of the Magian weapons are NOT FREE!!

The only "free" part about these ordeals are the shitty base weapons that you can grab from that splintery chest by the Magian Moogle. That's it. The rest of the process is the furthest thing from free that can be imagined.

It doesn't matter which version of the weapon you're aiming for. Every one of them costs something. Somewhere along the line, you're going spend something. You're going to use food, potions, reraise items, or something else on your path to create whatever weapon you feel is going to help you in your endeavors. At the very least, you're going to spend a ton of time on these.

I don't know about you all, but time isn't cheap in my world. These weapons take days, if not weeks or more to complete. There are some weapons that can be "done in a day," but even that's a lot of time. If by "a day" you mean a 24 hour stretch, then that's a long ass time to run around chasing various enemies under particular conditions.

I won't say these magian goodies aren't worth the effort, but don't ever try to tell me that these things are "free." Well you can try, but I'll slap you silly if you're within reach.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love magian trials! They give me something to do :) (the Kartika trials were NOT funny to do tho)

But ya, they're time consuming and other stuff, buy if you do it with friends it's nice.

Evilpaul said...

I've made money overall doing Magian Trials (spent some CP on Warp/RR scrolls) so far. My targets were Goobbues and Spiders primarily though which obviously helps.

I'd personally rather to have to just make 3 million gil or something and buy new shit than have to stand around waiting for weather and trying to kill a specific type of mob. There's a bunch of trials that I'm not even going to attempt because the combination needed to complete them is totally retarded. Throw in that people apparently solo weird Easy Prey mobs in dungeons in the middle of nowhere that drop nothing of value because...I have no idea why...and it can be pretty frustrating.