Pages

July 27, 2010

Looking back while catching up

(UPDATE: The page is working now! Turns out that it wasn't the CSS at all, but a spacing issue within the Content Editor. I tried to make things easier for me to read and it backfired. >.> )



First, I have to apologize. I really should have put some type of warning or notice about my last post. That must have been the longest entry I've done since this blog was created. For those of you who managed to get through all that and actually comment, you have my thanks. Even I struggled reading it all the way through the second time around.

With that said, on with the pictures! (and a bit of reading)

Looking at the Front Door

Old school rap reference for the win. I made a post awhile back where I questioned how my linkshell was being run. Actually, I expressed my opinion more than anything. At any rate, it lead to rather heated discussion in the comments and has given me something to think about since the. I've said it previously but, I truly like the people there. I do wish that I had the bond with them that is evident among other members, but it just doesn't seem to be happening.

On top of that, there are just so many things that I want to experience while I'm here. Maybe I came to this game too late, but that doesn't change my desire to take part in various events. At the same time, I can't expect them to have the same interests that I do. It would've been great to do all of these things with them, but it's not a realistic expectation. Rather than drag it on, I decided to part ways. I am going to miss them, but hopefully friendship lasts longer than linkshell membership. We'll see.



Dancing with Bugs

Tifachu was working on her Magian weapon and she needed to kill either 400 or 500 Wamoura type enemies. I can't remember which, but I decided to help her out with some Dancer power. For the record, meleeing Wamoura Princes absolutely sucks. Christ, that Heat Shield they have is deadly. I'm sure it's easily managed with a fire resist set, but how many people do you know that carry one around while they're fighting?

Anyway, the group grew from 4 of us to an entire alliance once Firesday hit and the Monks came out in droves. You'd think that would make it easier, but it just turns into enemies spamming TP moves back to back. It's like campaign, only with death penalties. It was pretty fun until somebody accidentally pulled a Wamoura NM which promptly kicked several people's asses due to no one being prepared. Gogo MPK.

Abyssea, Abyssea, A-freaking-byssea.

Who *isn't* doing this? Well, DrJones might not be, but I'm sure I'll see a post about it in time. :p I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this. Personally, I want to hurry up and get the leveling / meriting portion out of the way so I can really explore the zone and fight some NMs or do quests. There’s actually a lot of really nice gear in Abyssea, and I’m certain I‘ll be ranting about how crappy the drops are once I get started.

As expected, I absolutely love the exp you get there. You simply just can’t beat it. Sure, a one hour merit party will beat an Abyssea party of the same length, but after that...Abyssea just can’t be touched. I’m halfway through with leveling my 75s to 80, and I’m tossing various merits around into all of my jobs as I go. By the time I finish reach the cap, I *should* have all 12 classes fully merited. Better yet, I *will* have it done.



What I hate about Abyssea is the alliance nature and random grouping. It's awesome in a sense but, as I've already expressed, there is idiocy in large groups. Especially when you don't know everyone. Still, I think this can actually work out for the better because you are exposed to so many more people than you normally would be.

Trial of the Magians: Update!

Well, I'm almost as far as I can go with my Kartika path. Athame is more or less dead until I come into a metric assload of gil or find an LS that won't chicken out at the mention of Verthandi's name. I've still got two sets of VNMs left, Feuerunke and Tammuz. Supposedly, these last two are pretty simple. It's just a matter of getting a group for it. Oh, and for the record:

FUCK HOVERING HOTPOT!! /rage

More random stuff

No explanations for the rest of these. Just a few random shots from various events or happenings. As always, thanks for reading and I'll see you in game!

2 comments:

CidBahamut said...

It's true. Finishing Genkai 2 comes before Abyssea.

The linkshell issue seems to be pretty universal. I've bounced through a number of social shells full of good people but only one's ever really "clicked" for me.

Jacinda said...

Genkai 2? Yeah, I recommend getting on that one asap.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one to have even gone through the same thing with their LS. As I said, I do hope that our friendships continue even now that I'm no longer in the group. That's my biggest concern.