Pages

August 11, 2010

Childish Antics

I like having fun. I enjoy being silly and doing stupid things while I'm online. It breaks up the monotony and helps keep people's spirits up. There's usually always a time to have some fun being a harmless delinquent.

Until you get people killed. Then it's not quite as funny.

Now some people don't mind this sort of thing and laugh it off. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people. I get pissy when I die. Always have and always will. If I fall due to my own stupidity, well I just suck it up and deal with it. When it's because someone decides to try being funny and mpks people, then I have a problem with it. Especially when it happens during events. Obviously, some details are needed. Story time!

Last night was Dynamis-Bastok. Oh how I love the dreary environment of that place. (Extreme sarcasm for those of you that might be new to this blog.) The night wasn't starting off on a great note. I wasn't in the greatest of moods so I got to the zone and sat down. (August 10th is a sensitive day for me; long story). I was all dressed up in my pretty gown, ready to attract the wrath of the necro-pedos that might be lurking around the corner. We had a long wait ahead because I had forgotten that we entered an hour late Saturday. Just before entering, I was asked to change to WHM. Honestly, I don't understand why I'm so against this job class now. Granted, I'm not big on main healing, but I don't have a problem with it as an RDM or even SCH. Just something about doing it as a WHM that makes me cringe. I'm guessing it's because Sumarok's gone and being a WHM has lost its meaning to me.

Anyway, I was given the ok to stay as SCH and just focus on healing the party. No biggie, I've done it many times before. We go in and the run is going well. We got all of the time extensions, killed the mega boss, and were basically doing just great. Very few deaths in the entire alliance. This is how I like Dynamis to be. It's boring as all hell and the last thing you want is to be both bored and frustrated during an event.

So naturally, something had to frustrate me.

Around the 20-25 minutes remaining mark, we started getting really large pulls. I mean really large. Now these things happen, and sometimes it's either accidental or can't be helped. However, when you're doing this shit because you think it's funny and trying to kill us, allow me to be the first to say that I am not amused in the slightest.

Yes, this is me whining and bitching. If you didn't know that I was bitchy before, allow me to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Jacinda. I'm bitchy. Moving on...

This type of stuff is just frustrating as hell to me. First off, you're making my job as a healer / support job more difficult than it should be because now I'm spamming heals all over the goddamn place and taking hate instead of the damage dealers. It throws everything into chaos and makes things generally unpleasant.

To make matters worse, you lose exp in Dynamis. I don't like that. Yeah, it's just exp, but it's MY exp. Until you become the person responsible for recapping my jobs when I die, don't screw around with my exp. I don't care if I get raise 3 or not. Each time I die, that's less time I spend on meriting and more time recapping my buffer.

Finally, Dynamis is about 2 things: gear and coins. Both of these things are completely random, and you never know what you'll get from an enemy. As such, it's important to maximize your time by killing as much as possible, and quickly. Dying gets in the way of that. Dynamis gear helps you improve yourself and coins are either for relic upgrades or for shell payouts. In my case, it's the latter. So it's pretty damn important to get as many coins as possible. Get us killed, and we can't get coins. Less coins = smaller payout. Don't mess with my exp, time, and definitely don't fuck with my monies. Who you are and your standing doesn't matter to me. It's bad etiquette. Go do dumb shit when you're with your buddies and just playing around. Don't pull that when you're doing events.

It's never a wise move to piss off your healers. Some would do well to keep that in mind.

Not a happy healer...

8 comments:

Fahzewn said...

Sorry you had a bad night in Dyna. But I know what you mean with things like that. I don't spend a lot of my time XPing anymore actually but I do like to farm/mine. Obviously, the more time I need to recap, the less time I have to do other things.

Jacinda said...

It's not that the night was bad. Overall, it was great and I had fun. This moment just really irked me.

Fahzewn said...

True. But I can understand that a good day can easily be ruined or made not so good from just one thing.

Anonymous said...

It just takes one jerk to throw off an event.

Could have been worse though, I guess. At least it wasn't at the start of the run and the funk had to last the whole 3 hours!

Jacinda said...

@Xiah:

This is so true. At the same time, that's what added to the frustration. If the whole run was bad, then there isn't much you can say. This is kind of like fighting Fafnir down to 1% and then someone intentionally causes a spike flail just to see who'd survive.

Well maybe not, but hopefully you get my point.

Dizzmal said...

Believe me, you weren't the only one irked at the moment. Sometimes crap does happen, but when you waste 20 mins of extra payouts to just be funny, that is bad.

I had a moment last night like that. This time I was the cause though.. Last floor of NW limbus, Kaiser was down to 8ish %, and I had to be the jack ass that would try to AMII it for the kill shot. Got a resist, and 2% was left, then Metor to the face.... no deaths the entire run and splat.. what made matters worse was that RR has just wore off on both neo and I.

Tidis said...

Yeah I know where you're coming from, I was completely against it, I don't know if it sounded like so in vent.

I do understand Dynamis can get dull, especially when it comes to Bastok but uneccessary wipes aren't needed.

I suppose I wouldn't have cared so much if we've just had the 3min warning or something but there was still time to get some more currency and maybe AF.

In the end I hate losing exp but that's how this game works and I usually campaign my buffers back...gives an excuse to keep my medal going.

Jacinda said...

@Dizz: That does sound like you, trying to be the showoff at the end. :p Hell, I didn't know you were doing limbus or I would've joined.

Oh wait, I signed off early after a botched UO run. That's why I didn't know. >.>

@Tidis: Exactly. I know some people who would always try to mpk everyone at the very end of the run. Some would stay to see how long they lived and others would get the hell out. That's something I don't mind, but when we still have time that could be spent farming, you just don't screw around.