Pages

August 12, 2010

The fear of Abyssea and Astral Burning

No, this isn't a OMGIHATESMNBURN post. Personally, I don't care anymore. However, I came across a video while doing some forum browsing and I just had to share it.

To everyone who ever says that powerleveling is harmless, I challenge you to do an event with this gentleman. I can't say anything about his skills in whatever other jobs he has leveled, but I dare you to do anything beyond attempting to kill a rabbit with this guy as your BLM.


Ladies and Gentleman, a 75 BLM with absolutely ZERO magic skills.

Just keep this guy in mind the next time you want to party with someone who's level 80 now and used to be a chest opener in your Abyssea party the day before with that same job.

9 comments:

CidBahamut said...

The only possible explanation I can fathom is that this guy has played Black Mage once before on an old character and jumped back into the game after a hiatus or that this is a mule. Nothing else makes sense.

It's still mind boggling though.

Tal said...

Ugh, the music makes me want to stab myself in the eye. People and their shitty music videos...

...The whole "0 magic skill at 75" thing is really bad too.

Jacinda said...

Yeah, I muted the video as soon as it started playing. Not only is it bad, but the music doesn't match the video. At least make it something humorous.

I would not be surprised if he cast Drain on a mandragora in E. Saru and couldn't kill it.

CidBahamut said...

I don't understand why everyone hates on the music. It's a terrible choice for the video yes, but the song itself isn't the horrible abomination everyone's making it out to be. Or maybe I'm just wired to only hate country music, I dunno.

Jacinda said...

In all fairness Cid, I listened to the first 5 or 6 seconds of it. I like techno music, but this just doesn't fit the video.

Anonymous said...

Ow. That's going to be painful to level up. (>.<)

Starcade said...

There's a reason they need to ban all players for Astral Burns -- griefing/monopolization.

You can add this shit to it too -- how's this for using game mechanisms in ways never intended for illegal advantage...

Jacinda said...

@Star:

I don't really consider that he's at an advantageous point really. Granted, he skipped through the process of conventional leveling, but how much better off is he?

You saw in the video, his skills are ZERO. He'd be resisted on anything and everything worth a damn.

Starcade said...

But he IS a level 75 -- that's the point. That IS his advantage.

And the fact that you are correct in his being resisted even redoubles the point that it is using game mechanisms in a way they were never intended.

Odds are: He's probably either RMT or RMT'ed.