Pages

July 22, 2009

On Broken Wings

I'm a sucker for story. Let's get that out of the way now. Awesome items and sellable drops be damned. Give me some story cutscenes and I'm more than happy. That being said, I'm going to forego the standard bitch session about this last update and jump to my favorite part:

Wings of the Goddess.

I can't get enough of this, really. Ouf of everything I look forward to with each update, new missions for this expansion always make me smile. Maybe it's also because I know that deep down, Black Mages and Summoners will never get new spells and avatars too. Another story for another day.

I won't give out the story details, but I'm sure you can find them if you wanted to. Needless to say, the situation is becoming more desperate by the second. New enemies and plot elements revealed, Lilith takes center stage to explain her plan, and Sir 'Ringaling' as (Cait Sith Naoi calls him) still shows no sign of improvement.

For the most part, I also enjoyed the fights that were added. The last fight can be extremely cheap or considerably difficult, depending on the tactic you choose to win. I'm going to do both methods just because, and I also want to watch the ending cutscene again. xD

What I will say is that by the time you reach the end of this current expansion, you can't help but feel for Lilisette. The events set in motion here leave you feeling pretty much helpless, but you know that you can't give up. I also got confirmation about some nagging suspicions on a few people.

Bah, I want to go home and watch those movies again. Blasted job getting in the way of fun. ; ;

Photo time!


This fight was infinitely easier than the one in The Long March North.

Our PLD got aggro while everyone else was in the CS, and stupid me just had to help fight.

We played a game of hide and seek with this little vortex while blowing up walls in Everbloom Hollow.

Lady Lilith casually playing chess

Piss of a Cait, and she'll knock you out. The "catfight" scene was hilarious. xD

Events take a huge turn and what she fears most is beginning to happen. D:

Hang in there Lilisette, we're going to win!!

0 comments: