Pages

January 11, 2010

I can be helpful too (sometimes)

With the lack of an active LS, I've found myself bored and longing for excitement in-game for a long time. Leveling is fun and all before you reach 55 and you pretty much accept the fact that you may never use a weaponskill again because Colibri reduce your TP and Imps lock your abilities, but leveling gets old after awhile.

Nyzul Isle is fun, although shouting to find people for hours at a time makes the event more stressful than it should be. You're tired of shouting and you hope you have a group that can function or you've just wasted time, exp, and a tag that takes 24 hours to renew.

I'm personally afraid of merit parties and there's no excitement in that anyway. Helping out friends through CoP is nice and all too but, really, how many times do you want to see the inside of a cermet tower?

So last night I was hanging out in a party for something. I can't remember if it was more time in the sand or something else, when I got a tell from Mili asking if I could give her a hand with an event. Now, Miliani's been busy since our shell went on break, and when she does an event, it's usually something good.

Naturally, I was curious. Actually, I was pretty excited. Having her ask for help is like getting invited an awesome party. I know it's going to be cool and fun. Turns out that my curiosity and excitement was well placed, because she needed help with Salvage.

I've only done this event twice before, so I don't have a clue about the details of how this event works. I just know that we enter naked, can't do a damn thing, and we have to kill enemies quickly. Also, you can get awesome stuff there.


Flaunting our nearly-naked bodies, we roam through the ruins in search of adventure and cells to get our abilities back. For a while, I just got to stand around and look pretty since I couldn't cast anything. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: Mili asked me to be a WHM. I like her, so I said ok. As for the rest of you, take a good look cause it's a rare moment that you will ever catch me as a WHM unless I'm teleporting myself somewhere.


Anyway, our targets seemed to be members of the Ashu Talif. They were surprisingly weak when you consider what we had to fight them with. I imagine that a fully unlocked party in Salvage would just wreak havoc all over the map.

We ran into a few NMs that were pretty nasty, to include one chickenshit imp that ran away from us every few hits, so we had to scramble to aggro again and resume the fight.

I do admit that I had a lot of fun in there, and would like to go back. I'd need to find a way to make a lot of money though, because the stuff in there is expensive as all hell to upgrade. I don't know about you, but unless I find some rich friends who decide to quit soon, I don't think I'm going to have that type of gil.

When it was all said and done, Miliani got her last piece of a high end and very sought after piece of body armor. Congrats Mili on your Morrigan's Robe! ^^




1 comments:

matheuscpn said...

*juicy*
that body is just a far far faaar away dream for me.