Pages

March 23, 2010

Identity Crisis

It's 4:30 am, do you know where your name is?

I thought I did, but apparently someone decided to hijack "Jacinda" and claim it for themselves. So, it's off to choose a new identity. I'm not exactly happy about it. Oh and by the way, maintenance is over, but I can't connect to the server. A sign of happy times to come, no doubt.



UPDATE: I checked the POL search feature, and there is no record of Jacinda being in use on Cerberus. So why the forced name change? Well, I contacted a GM and got my answer. It seems that someone created a character with the name, then turned around and deactivated the content ID. Which means that although the character isn't available for use, the server still holds the name in reserve. I was about to ask the GM to dig deeper into the situation, but then realized that it would just be an exercise in futility. I imagine whoever did this wanted to get a rise out of me and, judging from the forums on Bluegartr, people like causing problems and making drama simply because they can. So, to the person responsible, here's my rise:

Fuck you.

3 comments:

matheuscpn said...

mine was taken too....
:(

Evilpaul said...

Luckily I was able to keep both Evilpaul and Luaplive. What's your new char name? I saw Brim on, but haven't gotten any LS pearls yet, and my PC died, so I'm pretty out of the loop.

Jacinda said...

I saw Brim earlier too, but I was doing missions with a group for WotG. My new name is Carinde, a name from a previous MMO I was in.