Pages

May 15, 2009

Fun times in Aht Urghan

Assaults!!

These are pretty neat. Today we did some of the Lance Corporal missions, just to make certain that everyone had them. For the most part, it wasn't too fancy. We go in, blow stuff up, and leave the enemy in disarry. That's the standard practice from the ones I've done thus far. However, we got to do one today that was actually rather fun. We got to play dress up. Think I'm kidding? Look for yourself:


Yeah, as I said. We played dress up. The mission was to infiltrate the Mamool Ja Savagelands and steal some supplies. If we got caught, we were thrown into a cell block of sorts. Now this is the only part of the whole assignment that struck me as odd. Once inside the cell, there's a vat of liquid you can drink. Doing so causes you to look just like one of the Mamool Ja. I'm guessing they aren't very smart. Wouldn't it make sense to have that kind of stuff hidden away somewhere, and not in the same room that you lock your prisoners in? I guess logical thought doesn't always hold true in some situations. Regardless, I enjoyed it. Just hope my armor doesn't smell like lizard hide now.

After that, I took a short break from the Empire and headed off to Valkurm and Qufim. That's right...Ranger time!! I've been a bit nervous about partying, so I'm mainly soloing my levels unless I'm with my linkshell mates. So, I'm up to level 27 now and am finally starting to wear gear for more slots than just the body and legs. Oh, let me sum up what I think of this job so far. It's incredibly fun; you just have no idea how good it feels to know that you're sending a bolt or arrow right in the brain of some creature. It's a good thing I'm not violent in reality.

Anyway, the assortment of weapons to choose from is awesome. You seriously never get bored. My one and only gripe with this class is ammunition. Not how much you use or spend on it, but how you track it. There's no heads up display or counter anywhere for how many arrows you have left. I've died so many times because I go to fire a bolt and then get this lovely message:

"You do not have an appropriate ranged weapon equipped," which more or less translates to this if you're soloing:

At least he kept me company until I got a raise.


Moving forward...Miliani asked if I wanted to do some meriting. Anyone that knows me should realize that me and meriting just don't mix. I'd like to do it more often, but I always feel that the groups will go beyond what I'm able to handle. Eh, I figured since I had already died 5 times as a RNG today, what else could happen? So I finished my Field Manual quest and headed out. The setup was MNK, MNK, BRD x 2, RDM, and whatever Liltifa was. I didn't check.

This party was great. I had never been in a BRD x 2 merit before and only heard rumors. My only regret was that we didn't have the Colibri camp. That would have been so awesome. I think we meritied for about 1.5 hours; I'm not really sure. Either way, I got 3 merits, so now I'm at 5 and have to decide what to spend them on. Probably more BLM stuff. It's time to evolve from gimpin' to pimpin'.

1 comments:

Meow said...

Ugh I want to do that assault.. I'm so close to P pants! I just got my storm fife though so I have to save up pts for Salvage :x