Pages

May 6, 2009

A Ramming Good Time!

First off, I have a headache. D:

Couldn't really focus on much, so I just dinked around a bit more with Ranger. Got to 13 at least, but be damned if I could only find 2 quivers of blind bolts. The job is starting to get too addicting, but I think I've finally found a way to hold off for a bit. I'm now in the "doomz" level range, and I really just don't like Valkurm Dunes anymore. Maybe I'll solo to 20 and skip the whole ordeal.

Moving on...

Usually, we do Dynamis on Tuesday and Friday, but we decided to shake things up a little bit and pay a visit to our favorite ram in Lufaise Meadows:



Cue the Benny Hill theme now

As you can see, Amaltheia was happy to see us too. This is a relatively easy fight; nothing really all that complex. Especially for us BLMs. Fairly simple strategy really:

1. Follow ram
2. Cast AM2 and curse as it gets resisted cause you forgot Elemental Seal
3. Use Elemental Seal
4. Recast and dance with joy at your damage
5. Waste MP until Elemental Seal is up again.

Magic Burst! Amaltheia takes 36 damage. >.>


Of course, you don't get resisted *all* the time, but it does happen. Usually right when you cast a nice high damage spell. You'll do 1k+ on one spell, then 90 on the next. Love those resists. Maybe I just need more merits.

We did this for 3 or 4 runs. I don't remember exactly. We only had a couple of bruised bodies, which can be attributed to that ridiculous HP down move followed by a Holy or Banishga III. Man I want that spell. Oh! During the run, we had a little follower come see what we were doing and we ended up +1 to our LS roster. {/welcome} Domie! ^^

0 comments: